Monday, October 6, 2008

Back in the saddle

Whew, for 10 days there I was fighting a sinus and chest cold but I seem to be almost at 100%. At least my ability to run is not impeded anymore. Yesterday I was still feeling some minor effects but managed to do a 90 min hill fartlek which was pretty great. I ran three 90 sec hill repeats the day before and 5 hill sprints in my run the day before that but I took an entire week off prior to that. I have a long standing policy to not even bother running until I am definitely on the mend. This morning I went out for an easy run at 5 hill sprints, which felt great despite the cold morning air so things are looking up. Furthermore, in the hill farlek yesterday I felt very strong on the uphills, which is encouraging. With less than a week to go now until the Vic half-marathon I am feeling quite optimistic that I will be able to run a decent time and look forward to hitting the pavement in flats and pinning a number on my shirt for the first time since June. The comback road is always bumpy but i'm enjoying it!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ryan,

    I just found your blog. Great to see that you are running and back at school.

    ReplyDelete