Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Mundy Morning

Solid workout this morning. On tuesday mornings I head out to Coquitlam to train with the SFU group and a couple post-collegiate guys at Mundy Park. It is for the most part bark-mulch and gravelish trails, and we sometimes to shorter loops on asphalt. Today I did a 4 x 2k workout off about 3:30 jog. It isnt actually 2k, and has one pretty big hill in it, and a nice long-flat-straight where you can really stride out. Now that I am getting stronger on hills I am really starting to enjoy this workout and really appreciate having the group to train with who pushes me to run faster. If I didn't train with the group I would probably not be able to run the reps as intensely and probably opt to just do more volume. This way I can work on my speed more which is really important. So today my times were 5:50, 5:47, 5:44, 5:39, again it is not really 2k! I wish I could pull off those times for 2k! Either way I am really happy with the workout because I am feeling very fluid and my stride is very strong and efficient, not to mention cutting down the time each consecutive loop, that always feels good. All in all it was a great day, good workout, good group, great weather, I am looking forward to BC cross on saturday more every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment