Sunday, October 19, 2008

It's All Good!

This was one of those weeks where in the past I would probably be displeased that things didn't go quite as planned but given my relaxed approach to this season I am actually quite happy with the way it went. As in the last post my hill reps on thursday were awesome, but Friday night I was up very late so I bailed on the practice in stanley park on saturday morning and opted to just do an easy hour run and then hammer today. In the end it was a good compromise because I felt great today and really pounded out a great hill farlek. I might have mentioned it before, but I run from my place at Nanaimo and Hastings down to the Trans-Canada Trail, then head east, ending on a huge downhill shortly before reaching SFU. There is every type of hill you can imagine on this route and the idea is just to go hard on the uphills and easy on the downhills and flats....it is one helluva workout! 90 mins round trip with a 3 min steep hill at halfway. I continue to feel really strong on hills and like I am floating on flats, which is such a great feeling. I totaled 53.5 miles for the week which I think is good for the week following a half marathon, with two solid workouts. I can't say enough about how much I am enjoying running right now, I really can't wait until the race on sunday. Oh! and the big news of the week is that Bob Reid asked me if I would like to join the Prairie Inn Harriers Racing Team, and I said yes, which is great. I have never been in a club other than the Brooks Marathon Project which was different. The PIH team looks really good and I am happy to be on it. Well I better hit the books. Happy trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment