Sunday, October 12, 2008

RVM Half-Marathon

Well I was very pleasantly surprised with the race this morning. At least I was after 7k, it took me that long to get warmed up. It wasn't as cold as it had been the last few days, but my legs took about 7k to come around so I was a bit concerned before that point, running with Jason Warick, and Jim Finlayson. Shortly after when my legs felt better I picked up the pace and it was Jim and myself out front with Jason not far behind and maintaining the distance. Jim and I would trade off leading each other until about 3k to go. Up until this point I was feeling pretty good but still not THAT confident in my fitness level so I was content with just sticking with Jim and running a slower pace. I knew that Jason and Jim had been training for and ran the Scotiabank Toronto Marathon two weeks ago so it was likely I would be faster over the last K with all the hill sprints I have been doing. In the end it didn't matter and I felt great and smoothly picked up the pace with 3k to go, gaining some solid ground on Jim and cruised it in for the win. I am not sure what my time was at this poing since I didnt wear a watch or look at the clock, but i'm told it was under 69mins, which I am quite happy with. It was an absolutley perfect day for distance running and I am super excited to getting fit and racing again, it was the perfect return to racing! Well i'm off to take a nap. Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment