Monday, September 29, 2008

blargh!

No sooner did I accept the invitation to run the half marathon in Victoria on Oct 12 do I get sick! Just when things are going great I come down with a cold. I'm not going to lie but this doesn't surprise me one bit. I have been burning the candle at both ends lately and its that time of year as well. I do recall that last year I got sick not 6 days before the Scotiabank Waterfront Marathon, which was this past weekend so I was off by only a couple of days this year! Speaking of which, turns out it was a humid day and we didn't get many quick times at Scotiabank, so things are looking pretty wide open for the Berlin team, unless of course you are pessimistic and don't think we will get 5 guys and so no one will go! So in a selfish sense I have no complaints about the times, and I am looking foward to Ottawa 09. I am still sick and less than two weeks from the Vic half so I am a bit worried, because I had made a promise to myself that I wouldn't race until I am fit, but sure enough I commited to this race thinking I could get in decent shape. This just aint gonna happen...I suspect I will be well in another day or two so i'm going to hit the ground running on thursday or friday and get 7 crazy days in so I can put in a decent showing. My goal will be to run under 70. Thats all for now, i'm off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment