Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Grind

Whew, tough week, I only did one workout, the 4 X 2k on tuesday which went well, and I just finished a 2 hour run at about 7min/mi from my house down the trans canada trail up to SFU, so it was rolling, and some massive hills the entire way, no flat whatsoever. I am still in awful shape but for me the 2hr run, no matter what shape i'm in means i'm on the comeback trail. The 2h run has been a benchmark for me for a long time, perhaps its mostly mental, but I never felt like a long distance runner till I started doing 2 hour long runs. So i'm pleased to say the least, 75 miles this week is respectable considering I ran about half that last week. For the next 6 weeks leading to BC Cross, I am not even worrying about mileage I am just going to get FAST, so i'm doing some 200m pick ups on my monday morning recovery run, tuesday long intervals, wednesday hill strides, thursday 60-90sec hill repeats, friday easy/off, saturday threshold stuff in stanley park, and sunday will be like today at a pace that is not hard but not easy. I am going to keep the volume pretty low since the intensity is high, and so yoga in the evenings, and perhaps some easy jogs in the evenings to shake things out. I"M EXCITED, YEAH RUNNING!

No comments:

Post a Comment