Sunday, November 16, 2008

Ow, Ow, Ow

Oh Man, what a brutal course. I figured I wasn't going to be racing, or even training a whole lot over the next couple of week so I didn't think there was any sense in holding back in this race. So even though there were some really steep downhills I just rolled down them and pounded the crap out of my legs, and boy am I feeling it today. I can walk properly but its not easy by any means. I actually went out pretty relaxed in the race letting Jason Louttit take the lead but less than a K in i was out front and we headed up the long one mile first hill, he passed me a gain but at the crest of the hill I took to the front and that was it till the end. I ran fairly even but hard through the first 5k then grinded out the rest of the run. It was extremely hilly and always turning, so it was completely impossible to get any kind of rythm. I just pumped the arms and lifted the knees an by 7k I was keeping a close eye on Jason and another guy just so I could make sure I had the race in hand. It was so tough that I couldnt be bothered to try and run a fast time or anything, I was suffering so I just ran for the win. There really isnt a whole lot else to say about it, the race was brutal, I was happy to win but I am paying for it in spades. Thanks to Nick and Mark for putting on a great event though, i'm not so sure i'll be back to do it again but you never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment