Sunday, November 9, 2008

Another Epic Haney

Well the race wasn't so competitive but the rest of the day got pretty rediculous. I"ll just comment on the race though. By the time the race reached my leg we were already out front by quite a distance so my motivation was mainly to win my leg so I could get the timex watch. I headed out pretty quick and really didn't feel good till about 7k (same as vic, hmmm) but was rolling pretty good on a great course of medium rolling hills. I didn't wear my watch and there are no distance markers so I had no clue what pace I was running and just ran hard assuming the leg was 13k(I didn't even check the distance before I ran!) Turns out it was 13.1 or something like that. Anywho, I felt strong and smooth and just hammered away until my guts turned and it was a sufferefest for the last 3k. I defintely shouldn't have had mexican the night before....who knew? Turned out I won my leg by 3 mins but my average pace was only 3:14/km, I guess the hills and slowing down in the last mile becuase of my guts resulted in being a bit slower than I would have thought. It was fun though, of course, unfortunately it wasn't terribly competitive and we won by 15mins, regardless it was an epic H2H as per usual, looking forward to next year! I have decided on going to Bear Mountain this weekend too, I don't have quite as much schoolwork this week as I thought, so I'll go try and bust a good 10k even if it is super hilly.

No comments:

Post a Comment