Friday, November 7, 2008

HANEY!!!!!!!!

Well its that time of the year, the unofficial peak of the year, the race everyone gears up for, the extravaganza that is the Haney to Harrison Relay Race. People come from far and wide to start in the dark and usually pouring rain to run relay style for 100k through beautiful farm land, up and down and up and down, winding, dodging dogs, trains and cars, while engaging in friendly(and sometimes not so friendly) competition. Eventually ending the day off with a party to be talked about for years.

I haven't run Haney for a few years now and I am glad to be back at it. It is a fun event and a good reason to go hammer out a 8-15k on a slow course where you don't worry about running a personal best, just about opening up a bigger gap or closing one on the competition. There is always drama and often anticipation leading up to your leg of the race so it makes for a great experience. I have been slotted for leg 6 which is, I think, 13k of up and down. I have never done that leg, Bomba usually does that one I think, so it will be nice to run where I haven't before. Hopefully the race is still reasonably close at that point, but either way I will likely go to the well on this run because I am considering staying home and not running Bear Mountain on the island next weekend. I have exams coming up and a lot riding on my first semester back at school. We will see though. Nevertheless, I am going to wear my ST Racer Flats, which are the Brooks marathon flats because I want to save my T5s and my legs on a hilly course. The ST Racers are my second favorite flat now that I have run a half marathon in my T5s, they are a great shoe and I ran in last years model for most of my workouts in TO, perfect shoe for my foot. I'll write a report on sunday hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment