Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Livin' on the Edge

Well maybe not as dramatic as the Aerosmith song, but I feel like I am walking the very fine line the last couple days, of getting sick again. The aftermath of the Haney festivities. The last couple of days I have opted to only run for 30-40mins at a medium pace because my throat has been a bit sore. Not really the soreness that you get when you are about to get sick though, more like a 'got punched in the throat an hour ago' sore. Not that I have ever been punched in the throat but I recall some kind of 'blunt force trauma' to the throat at some point in my life. Either way, I have been taking it easy, sleeping and eating lots, and dropping oregano(yuck!) to lower the odds of getting sick. I hope to run well this weekend at the Bear Mountain 10k, being that it is likely my last race of the fall and it is very fitting seeing as this fall has been defined by hill running and this course is quite hilly. Richard said to treat it like a cross race with good footing, and I think he hit the nail on the head there, because not only is it hilly but it is very windy(read: wind-e).

It seems as though I have been going to victoria every other weekend this fall, which is a bit funny because I nearly moved there in the late spring early summer, it really is a nice place and I enjoy visiting. Hopefully there are as many races to go to in the spring, although it appears as though my class schedule will be less accomodating as this semester. I can't believe it, I am taking less classes but I will likely be at school monday thru friday, bah! I suppose that means I will have more time during the day to run doubles, workout, do yoga, therapy etc. So not all bad. Well i'd better get eating and head to school, I'll have a race report up saturday hopefully. Can't wait to lace up the T5s again!

No comments:

Post a Comment