Saturday, November 22, 2008

Ok, so here we go.

Took a week off as the break between seasons if you will. It has been a really great fall season for running. I really didn't train much, doing some solid workouts but my volume was extraordinarily low (74.5, 78.5, 18.5, 29.5, 62, 53.5, 43, 26, 26.5, 29), with a half marathon of 1:08:50, 13.08k race of 42:08, and a 10k of 34:38, all first place in strong efforts. I really enjoyed running this fall, more than I have in a couple years. I put no pressure on myself, taking days off when I didn't have time to run because of school, or if I didn't feel like it. I focused on developing hill strength and speed which again was a lot of fun. I feel like I have renewed my love and enjoyment of running which was very much needed after a summer where I was questioning whether I would continue running competitively. As life tends to go with me, everything has worked out well and this renewal came at the best time possible. Looking forward, I am ready to start training consistently again and set some goals for the winter and spring. Once I know my class schedule I will hopefully plan my training with Richard and train smarter and more consistently than I have before, and realize some of my potential that I haven't in the past. For the time being I am going to start with a steady diet of 10mi runs in the morning on non workout days and 90min - 120min long runs. 2009 is looking very promising and exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment