Saturday, April 4, 2009

aargh!

So frustrating when you hope things will just go away...and then they don't...and then they get worse. I suppose it has been a couple of weeks now that I have a little bit of soreness/tightness in the left side of my groin. I can't really put my finger on exactly when it happened but I think it was racing up a flight of stairs to the skytrain the afternoon post-long run 2 or 3 mondays ago. I figured it would just go away with a bit of stretching but it seems to get a bit better then i'll do a hard workout and it will be bad again. I went in to see my massag therapist on thursday and got some work on it but by the workout this morning it was actually tighter than before. After the 10mile tempo(52:31) portion of the workout I stopped to change shoes and it really tightened up and has been tight and sore the rest of the day. I suppose it should be expected after a 22mile session but I am getting quite worried. I have only had a groin strain once before, and it was a lot worse actually, when I was playing hockey way back as a kid. Unfortunately now I am 13 years older and don't heal as fast and cant just skip out on practice for a week or two. So I guess the plan is light stretching and to start doing some strength exercises and hopefully that will be the ticket to heal it up. I am kind of kicking myself for not doing my regular strength sessions to prevent injuries, which I usually do on a semi regular basis. I am certain this would have been prevented. Oh well, thats how it goes, hopefully I won't miss any training over it.

Other than that the session was pretty much exactly what was planned so I am really happy with it. I didn't kill myself, and didn't feel great to begin with so to execute the workout is something to be pleased about. Just gotta keep on rollin.

No comments:

Post a Comment