Saturday, January 17, 2009

Fruition...or something like it...

8 or 9 months ago myself, Richard M, Bomba, and Ziak sat down at a pub on The Drive and decided that we needed to commit to training together at least twice a week, and for me anyway, today was this idea or plan finally being realized. Granted, as a group, we aren't in the greatest shape, but today we got together, along with SteveO and Richard L had us working out together in Stanely Park. None of us are firing on all cylinders at the moment but it was a vision of things to come. When we start rolling and some more guys come along, our group is going to do very well for itself and although it took a bit of time I am glad we have come to this point and I am certain only good things will come from it.

On a more individual note, it has been a really good week so far, I am getting the schoolwork done that I need, running some decent mileage and workouts, working as much as I needed to, spending time with the girl, and getting some personal time in. All in all, I am managing to keep a good balance in life which feels great.

In other news, I heard throught he grape vine that Micheal Ignatieff(sp?) was going to be in town at the Irish Heather on wednesday night, and it just so happened my work meeting was cancelled so I figured i'd go check it out and represent. I didn't ask any questions but being that I was wearing a hoody and sneaks, and everyone else was dressed up, i'd say I was representin east van! Not to mention being the only N8V person there. Anyhow, I wanted to check it out, and knowing nothing about him, I went there hoping for some kind of light in Canadian politics....no such luck. Obviously you can't judge someone on such little information and in such a setting but I actually spent most of the time right beside him, since I was keeping close to the door, and I just didn't get a good vibe from him. Anyway, it was interesting to be in that setting because I don't often get in a room full of highly political people. I guess we shall see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment