Sunday, March 21, 2010

humpin it

Although I only managed to get 3 runs in this week, it was still a good week because I managed to get over the hump of dragging my ass around. Today marked the first day where there was some jump in my legs, on a few occasions I actually felt like striding out, and when I started up a hill I was compelled to pull my knees up and work rather than cut my stride and grind. So this is good.

I am feeling the pressure of the school/running balance for sure, being that I am not in shape and I am in the end of semester crunch. For now I will say the Times Colonist is going to be tentative and probably end up being a race week decision. It falls on the weekend following my last exam and there is a camping trip I would like to join in on in Victoria. Sounds convenient because they are both in Victoria, but think about it for a minute...

I guess that is about all the news, on a more general note, I am still feeling very much uninspired in most pursuits in life right now. I know that sounds bad, but....I guess it is. I think I need to pick up a book and get some new ideas flowing, I've thought of an author so I'll try and find some time for that, perhaps it will refresh me. I am also going to a conference this saturday out at UBC which I expect will be inspiring. It is called Bridging the Gap, which is an international development conference presented by Engineers Without Borders. A friend was a major part of the organizing committee and promises it to be a great one. I'm not sure if there are still tickets left but check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment