Monday, January 25, 2010

Running on Empty

I don't know if it is a lack of maturity, sheer laziness, or just lack of desire, but I have never for the life of me been inspired to eat properly. In the past I think I generally took in enough of the right nutrients just because of the sheer volume of food I was eating, but when i'm not training hard I think I am chronically undernourished. The year before last I started to read the Chris Charmichael book and started to pick a few things up but I have long since regressed into my poor diet. I just really can't bring myself to it. The main problem is I just don't get the satisfaction out of food that other people do, I think anyway. The brief moments of eating food, even when it tastes good just never becomes the payoff that inspires me to spend the time preparing it. I realize there are some quick and easy good meals out there, and I suppose I should just learn them, but even then I don't get any enjoyment out of going to the grocery store and finding the ingredients. Anyway I am just writing nonsense because I always come to the same conclusion, I need to get off my lazy ass and respect my body more and just fuckin learn it as much as I loathe it. Yes I said loathe. So I think this time I am just going to jump into it and hope it sticks, like actually go out this week end and cook some meals for the week, lunches and what not, plan the meals to make during the week, buy the damn ingredients and all that bullshit haha. I suppose I should commit myself to a month of it and see if the benefits convince me to stick with it. I have been living on my own for 10 years, bout time I got with the program. For whatever reason I have comment moderation on, so i'm going to turn it off and if anyone has some good advice or recipes that are quick and easy, feel free to spill some knowledge out!

No comments:

Post a Comment