Sunday, March 8, 2009

Timeless

Richard said to not too worry too much about times for the next little while and sure enough on saturday I fully forgot to even bring my watch, and I was practicing on my own so it really was a 'run by feel' workout. It turned out that I picked a good day for it as well because it was gale force winds in the park, and my body felt better than it has a long long time, so it was nice to be able to pay such close attention.

I decided instead of going out to the UBC aquatic center for a massage like I did last week that I would make the trek out to richmond and see the massage therapist I saw last year when I was livng in richmond, Mike Reoch at Minoru Massage. This guy is good. I had reservations about going all the way to richmond from eastvan but when you find a good massage therapist I think it is best to just stick with them. So anyway I went there and he worked on my calf as much as he could in one session and also worked on my hips and hamstrings and, well most of my legs to be honest. As usually my body is a wreck. So anyway it was only a short 30min massage but did it ever make a difference on saturday.

Saturday's workout was a 10mile progression run in stanely park on the roads, which is probably one of my favorite workouts, with or without company, or a watch. This run in particular was good because I was SO LOOSE, I have not felt so balanced and loose in my hips and legs in a long time and when I was finally warmed up (wind and 1 degree I think) I just felt great. My hips actually felt rotated down or something, my hip flexors were bringing my legs up easily and i just felt efficient all around. There were still a few sore spots and what not but I felt worlds better and it was a very encouraging run. Looks like massage therapy is going to have to be slotted into the budget right next to food and coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment