Monday, December 1, 2008

mmmm Soda Crackers

Pretty solid week last week. I would call last week the first official week of training. I ran 65miles in 6 runs: 4 - 10milers, one workout of 8k in 26:04, and a solid long run of 15miles. My calf problem is slowing going away and I am feeling OK. Right now I am just focusing on studying but as of today classes are over and it should be easy enough to get into things running wise. Unfortunately i won't know my class schedule for next semester until I get my marks from this semester and get admitted to the classes I need next semester and so I don't know who I will be training with during the week come January, if anyone at all.

This week I'll continue to do easy 10milers in the mornings, however I am going to do a workout Richard prescribed tomorrow and the same on saturday after my first exam, and again another long run, but probably bump it up to 18miles, so the structure is slowly forming. I think it is going to be very important for me to slowly work in more structure because in the past I have often gone from no structure to highly structured and had to sacrifice many things in the rest of my life, so a low integration is probably the best plan to increase the chances of consistency and success. The next race will be an 8k in Saanich on January 11th I think, and it will for the most part be a barometer on the way to the "First Half" which I am really excited about. It is 10 or 11 weeks away, just enough time to get in real good shape I figure. Not sure what i'll run but if the conditions are good I expect to run a PB, it can be a very fast course if the conditions are good.

Well, back to the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment