Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Ugh, ongoing theme...

Well I dropped out of the half on the weekend at 7k. I felt ok starting out but progressively felt worse and worse after about 3k. I don't really know what it is, a combination of being worn out mentally I suppose, and my lower legs just being beat up. The lower leg problems have been ongoing since training on the indoor track in Toronto, it started with some seemingly minor pains in my inside edge midway down my shin, and that and other minor pains were exacerbated by the brutal half marathon course in Gibsons in early April. After this showing and my general feelings towards running i've decided it would be prudent to take a step back and just relax for a while. So I wont be racing in the coming weeks and probably just try and maintain a basic level of fitness until the fire can build back up. It has always been difficult for me to train hard in the summer and I think this summer I will just try to maintain fitness and try to enjoy running again before I set another big goal, or even minor goal for that matter. I may look for a fun trail race to do this summer as a minor-just for fun goal and build up for a good cross season, which I have never had. So I suppose I have already set some minor goals, to have fun and stay fit. I'll keep writing with developments. I hope all your training is going well, happy trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment